Sunday, May 6, 2012

Green Zone owner Anastasia Howlett defends their script attack

Today I was contacted by Anastasia Howlett, one of the owners in the Green Zone Users group who recently attacked our server (see previous post). In the chat text below they deny the evidence from our server log, claim to have handled their griefer problem and admit to probing our systems with a proxy server.


[11:10] Anastasia Howlett: Hi
[11:14] Monkey Wonder: hello anastasia
[11:15] Anastasia Howlett: I don't have those skills
[11:15] Anastasia Howlett: I can asure you I have not what you said, for what it is worth
[11:16] Monkey Wonder: you have the resources to do it through fart, and I have a server log that says otherwise
[11:16] Anastasia Howlett: But as I said - I will not start a personal war
[11:17] Anastasia Howlett: I am flattered you have these high thoughts of me :-)
[11:18] Monkey Wonder: don't flatter yourself, i don't think very highly of anyone in your group
[11:19] Anastasia Howlett: Well, there are both sorts. I don't like herrassing and griefing anyone, no matter who it is
[11:19] Monkey Wonder: yet you do nothing to discourage your members doing it for you
[11:20] Anastasia Howlett: Griefing GZ members has been ejected from the GZ group
[11:22] Anastasia Howlett: Well, just wanted to tell you that it was not me. If it would had been someone else that had been faulty accused ... Well, good maybe you accused me?
[11:24] Anastasia Howlett: The only thing I have done ONCE is testing your sploder with an alt using a proxy. And it worked. I did it ONCE, just to test
[11:24] Anastasia Howlett: I don't like sploders, to restless to wait :)
[11:26] Anastasia Howlett: I read that you could see proxies, so I tested with one from USA I use when using US services not available in EU
[11:31] Monkey Wonder: as a moderator of green zone do you have any interest in trying to resolve this mess, or do you want to carry on?
[11:32] Anastasia Howlett: I am not a moderator, actually. I am an owner. I very seldom read what is said in the group. I have not the time
[11:33] Anastasia Howlett: When I am in SL, I am quite busy with my shop and creating new stuff, customer supprt etc, etc
[11:34] Monkey Wonder: so, as an owner, that is no then ok
[11:34] Anastasia Howlett: I really whish I had the time to do it, really
[11:34] Anastasia Howlett: But I am not on very much

So again Voodoo has made the first move to a resolution, but again we have got nowhere with the group owners who generally have little interest in the group, and certainly are not interested in moderating it, leaving it free for any griefer to abuse.

According to our data, the claim of griefers being ejected from the group is a lie to try and give the impression something is being done about their problem.

Accessing our gaming systems using a proxy server is explicitly against the Voodoo terms of service agreement and DOS attacks are illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment